Laterite is hiring!
Together with the Country Director, the Deputy Country Director (DCD) will be responsible for managing Laterite’s entire Rwanda operations; including the quality and timely delivery of our research projects, managing the professional development of the team, client engagement, financial management and business development.
- Leading Laterite’s research portfolio, from both an operational and technical perspective, ensuring we always achieve the highest possible standards of technical rigor;
- Leading client engagement, including agreeing on project design, contracts, deliverables, ongoing projectmanagement and the communication of results and implications;
- Motivating and managing a high performing team of researchers and data collection specialists, while ensuringcontinuous professional development for all Laterite staff, focusing not only on their time at Laterite but beyond;
- Ensuring that effective project management systems are sustained and improving internal processes, be it in termsof sound financial management practices, data collection systems, workflow, time management, etc;
- Identifying and pursuing opportunities for growth and innovation, be it from a technical, learning or business perspective.
- Providing technical leadership in all aspects of our work, including on program and impact evaluation design (e.g. regression discontinuity design, matching methods, matched cluster randomized control trials), sampling methods, econometric modelling, standard error measurements, network analysis and machine learning methods.This Deputy Country Director (DCD) position is based full time in Kigali, Rwanda. Please find the full TOR and application instructions here.